Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I can't stop listening to: Lily Allen

Listening to music and seeing artists perform live is a part of my life. I love discovering new songs or artists and I am the kind of person who can listen to one song or album or repeat and not get bored.

I thought something fun that I can do is share a song or artist who have somehow captured my attention in the hope that it's something new and amazing that someone else can also love.

Lily Allen

This week I bought the new single from Lily Allen, "Hard Out Here" after seeing the video on youtube. This is her first official single release since 2009.

The song itself is a catchy, punchy tune that tackles the way women are portrayed as sex symbols and the tough road we still face - especially of women in show business. It's been a song that has not been without controversy, obviously a subject like this is going to generate opinions from both sides of the fence.

I like this song because it's un-flinchingly honest, it's edgy and it's a fantastic pop song.



She uses the word "bitch" so many times I'm sure Jesse Pinkman would be proud.

I've been listening to Lily Allen for years. I'm so glad she's back and hasn't lost that sneer and attitude that has always made her stand out from the crowd.

 - Brooke

2 comments:

  1. This song is phenomenal! I love that the verses have such an iconic Lilly Allen sound, and then the chorus morphs into a really current R&B/dance/pop sound. And her wit is so cheeky. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually like songs with too much auto tune but this seems to really work.
      I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete