Monday, October 25, 2010

Rainbows & a chest infection

photo.JPG

Today I looked after my nieces. I've been promising them for a long time that next time I looked after them we'd make rainbow cupcakes. Today I followed through on that promise.

This was my second attempt at the rainbow cupcakes and they've turned out much much better than the last batch. Bridie was in charge of the sprinkles and Evie helped stir the food dye into the different bowls.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

They are so delicious that Bridie and I ate three before I had to put the lid on the container. She has taken a bunch home with her because she wanted to share them with her Mummy and Daddy.

This was such a bright contrast to the sickness I'm now battling with. I've had a cough for over 3 weeks but it was getting better. This morning I woke up coughing up some yuck stuff I won't describe and could barely talk so I decided today that it was time to visit the doctors. I have both a chest infection and the beginnings of a throat infection. I've been prescribed some medication and was told to gargle warm salty water (yuck). Hopefully this clears this mess up and I'm back to normal soon. I'm ready to feel well again.

Glitter Sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke

P.S the inspiration for these cupcakes came from the lovely Kaylah over at her blog The Dainty Squid

No comments:

Post a Comment