Thursday, September 09, 2010

Blue is the new purple

Blue1

I've been wanting to try a different colour with my hair and after seeing Scott Pilgrim it was pretty easy to decide that that colour had to be electric blue.

I ordered the hair dye and then had to wait a painstaking week and a half (thanks Australia Post) but as soon as it arrived the adventures began.

First process was to try and bleach out the left over purple - when I took the bleach out my hair was flourescent pink! I didn't think it was a good idea to try and bleach it down anymore without fear of my hair snapping off - so I put the blue on and waited. I worried that the mixture of blue and pink would turn it purple but once I washed it out I had electric blue hair - exactly what I wanted.

It's taken me about a week to try and get photos - basically due to the fact that when I get home from work it's already dark and the flash distorts the colouring - I wanted to get photos that show this colour as close as it possibly can.

Today I had success. (I haven't edited these photos like I usually do so that you can see the actual colour rather than a manipulated colour)

Blue4

Blue3

Blue2

I've washed it a couple of times and already I can see that the pink is trying to shine through - so I have some end bits that are turning this beautiful purple colour.

I also dyed the top part a chocolate brown because the colour I had it before just didn't go so well with the blue.

I really really love this colour and I know it'll be a while before I change it to another colour (I'm already plotting for summer).

Glitter Love & Sparkles
x x x
Brooke

P.S - I would have waited to post this until tomorrow so that it wasn't two posts in a day, but I couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment