Sunday, September 19, 2010

Something Corporate plus Jack's Mannequin

On Wednesday I received an email that made my heart flutter.

This was what it said:

dearjack_body_09142010

"If you have been dreaming of a night filled with the music of both Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate all while helping a great cause, you are in luck! The first annual concert to benefit the Dear Jack Foundation will be held on November 18th at El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles. This evening will mark the first time Andrew will perform with both of his bands, and he will also be joined on stage by special guests Marc Roberge from OAR and singer-songwriter Matt Nathanson.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on September 18th via Ticketmaster.

"This is going to be a really special night. To share the stage with so many close friends is a blessing in itself, but to do so while working on behalf of young adults with cancer gives me great joy," McMahon says. "Hopefully this is a tradition that will last for many years to come."

In addition to great music, a raffle will be held at the show where fans can win special prizes including autographed gear, vacation packages, and more. An online auction featuring signed memorabilia by the band and friends will also be held to benefit the Dear Jack Foundation. Details of the online auction will be announced at a later date.

For more updates, follow Dear Jack Foundation on Twitter - @dearjackhq "
 
I know the show is in LA and I'm here in Australia - I know I've just been to London and I have plans for Africa next year - I know I don't technically have much annual leave left to use - I know all of this but I still REALLY REALLY REALLY want to try and make this happen.
 
This show is pretty much the show of my DREAMS. I've never seen Something Corporate live before and I have been in love with their music for years. To have both playing a special show together would completely blow my mind. I have tried to talk my sister into going with me for 4 days (2 in LA and then 2 at Disneyland) but she's under the impression that her work wouldn't be as flexible as mine and she doesn't have the money for it. I've tried to talk a friend into this with the same excuses given to me.
 
I want to be spontanious. I want to be there for this. I want THIS feeling again.
 
I don't care if it seems crazy to other people, I know this is something I will regret if I don't do it. I'm pretty sure I can get a really great price on some flights and I know I can get some great deals on hotels. I just feel that if they are saying it's going to be special then that means the posibility of Konstantine, of Walking By, or Hurricane. I don't know how I'd feel if I read about this later and knew I could have tried to be there.
 
This is why I'm still awake at 12.45am on a Sunday night at my computer. Tickets go onsale in about a 2 hours and I'm buying two tickets. I'll then hope that I can get some "agent" rates for flights and if that happens then I'm there. If not then I'll donate my tickets to someone else who is desperate to go but couldn't get/afford tickets.
 
*I want this*

 

I've been living vicariously through this dvd for too long. It's about time to experience it for myself.

Wish me luck in my crazy plans.
 
Glitter Sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. I wish you luck, I really really wanted to go, I live in LA but those tickets sold out FAST! If you end up with extras let me I know, I want to go badly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam I'll keep you in mind if it doesn't work out.

    I did manage to get 2 tickets so now I wait u til 30 days prior to see how this story is going to end up and if it's going to happen.

    This is going to be a long couple of weeks

    ReplyDelete