January is a time for reflection - in Australia to some people it's also the time to reflect on the music we've been listening to and vote in the Triple J Hottest 100. The Hottest 100 is broadcast on Australia Day (January 26th) and this year I'm planning on having friends around for a BBQ (in a true Australian way).
I always struggle to try and get my list down to just 10 songs (YEAH 10 SONGS) and this year was no different. I had to cut out some songs from some of my favourite bands and I know I could just use another email account and vote for them but I feel like that defeats the point of voting.
Here's the 10 songs I voted for (in alphabetical order):
- Architecture in Helsinki - Contact High
- Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- The Grates - Turn Me On
- The Horrors - Still Life
- Kaiser Chiefs - Little Shocks
- Kasabian - Velociraptor
- The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness
- The Vaccines - If You Wanna
- The Vasco Era - Rock And Roll Is The Only Thing That Makes Me Feel Good
To make it easier for you to check out these amazing songs for yourself I created a playlist for your listening pleasure.
These songs make me smile. They are a lot more upbeat that some of the other songs I'd normally pick but after going through the list on offer I realised last year was a time for songs that made me want to dance around like crazy. I think that's a good thing.