Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fortune Cookie Hottest 100

Yesterday was Australia Day so as any Australian does I hung out with friends eating lamb (well they ate lamb - I ate chicken), drinking and listened to Triple J's Hottest 100.

IMG_1469

This year to make things interesting Lauren had some fortune cookies and on the back of these fortunes were a bunch of numbers - we decided that these numbers corresponded with the numbers of songs in the countdown and the person with the worst song would get pushed in Laurens pool. We were letting fate decided who'd end up sad and drenched for our amusement.

IMG_1461
* My fortune*

IMG_1462

My fortune cookie list:
#2  Big Red - Rock It
#17 Mark Ronson & The Business Intl. - Bang Bang Bang {ft MNDR & Q Tip)
#28 Darwin Deez – Radar Detector
#33 Tame Impala – Solitude Is Bliss
#36 Chiddy Bang – Opposite Of Adults
#42 Gorillaz – On Melancholy Hill

All in all I think I ended up with a pretty good list - though I don't much rate Tame Impala.
 
IMG_1464
 
Leah's list:
#5 Boy & Bear – Fall At Your Feet
#22 Children Collide – Jellylegs
#25 Gotye – Eyes Wide Open
#26 Crystal Castles – Not In Love {Ft. Robert Smith}
#30 Yeasayer – O.N.E
#32 Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks

IMG_1465

Lauren's list:
#5 Boy & Bear – Fall At Your Feet
#16 The Jezabels – Mace Spray
#18 Cloud Control – There’s Nothing In The Water We Can’t Fight
#28 Darwin Deez – Radar Detector
#31 The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio
#37 Gorillaz – Doncamatic {Ft. Daley}

IMG_1466
 
Crystal's list:
#1 Angus & Julia Stone – Big Jet Plane
#12 Drapht – Rapunzel
#15 Duck Sauce – Barbara Streisand
#22 Children Collide – Jellylegs
#26 Crystal Castles – Not In Love {Ft. Robert Smith}
#35 Mark Ronson & The Business Intl. – The Bike Song {Ft. Kyle Falconer & Spank Rock}

We decided Leah lost with the Foster The People song purely because we didn't know it all that well. She didn't end up in the pool.

Crystal had to work and turned up to Laurens to pick me up about 6pm. We were supposed to go to the movies that evening but since I had been enjoying a few beverages and the countdown was still in the 30's she didn't make me go (sometimes sisters can be nice).

I was supposed to dye my hair purple yesterday but as you can probably guess I got distracted. I thought I would have time to do it tonight but we went and saw True Grit (AMAZING). I think I needed some subtitles when Jeff Bridges was mumbling to understand his drunken rants but it was a marvellous movie. I have to dye my hair tomorrow night because I want purple hair for CSS on Saturday night. I'm pretty nervous to see how the purple takes over the red. It should turn out interesting enough (I hope).

Oh I'm far too busy for my own good.

Over and Out
 - Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment