Saturday, August 06, 2011

A new development

photo.JPG

Just as I was beginning to think our Hawaii holiday was almost completely organised, a little spanner is thrown into the mix with the announcement of a tour by the much loved Jack's Mannequin. They are playing in San Francisco the night after my sister Crystals birthday and I think there is no better way to celebrate and enjoy our holiday quite like a quick 1 night stop in San Francisco. I mean it's only a 5 hour flight from Hawaii.

I tried to buy pre-sale tickets today but since I'm not American and can't get tickets posted out I can't buy them yet. I have to wait until Sunday (Monday afternoon for me) to buy tickets from Ticketmaster (which usually means extra fees *blergh*)

I will be booking flights and locking in accommodation on Monday at the Hotel Vertigo (which is a 7 minute walk to the venue) *potentially - I may find something else between now and Monday*. 

Either way I think this was a nice way to start my weekend. I looked up flights and have adjusted our Hawaii stuff so that the 1 night fits in nicely without costing too much extra. I'm so excited that we've added this to our trip - it wouldn't feel like an American holiday without seeing them (this will be the 4th time I'll have seen Andrew McMahon in the USA). 

Did I mention they're touring because they're releasing a new album on the 4th of October? Here's the first single - it's beautiful (which is to be expected).


You can pre-order the new album from the website www.jacksmannequin.com . Tour dates can also be found on their site - I suggest VERY strongly if they are visiting a town/city near you that you should go see them. 
Cool cool,
Brooke

P.S I write about Andrew/Jack's Mannequin SO much on this blog that I feel like I should make a label for post related to him/them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment