Saturday, September 28, 2013

Shot at the Night




New music is alway a great thing. New music from The Killers is something I celebrate with every fibre of my being. 

This morning when I logged into Facebook there was a post from The Killers with a link to their new music video. Excitedly I clicked on the link and was transported to Las Vegas and a short film about a girl who breaks her patterns and LIVES. It's a simple but beautiful video. 

The song itself is taken off their upcoming Direct Hits "best of" album that is due for release the 8th of November in Australia. It's a compilation album of all of their biggest tracks plus 2 new songs. Shot at the Night is one of the new tracks. It's exactly what you want from The Killers - haunting vocals, upbeat tempo and a chorus that you can sing at the top of your lungs. 

When I listen to this song I can see so clearly how it would be performed live. I can see Brandon marching around the stage stomping his feet in time with the beat while singing out to the crowd with all that he has. I can see Ronnie bashing and crashing on the drums. I can see Dave posing and whipping his hair around and I can see Mark quietly bouncing around. I can feel the crowd, pulsating and dancing, arms raised to the ceiling, singing along with smiles from ear to ear. 

I've watched this video at least 5 times already today. The track is currently available for download from iTunes - I suggest you do yourself a favour and have a car party with this turned up as loud as you can handle. 

Enjoy
 - Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment