Monday, March 08, 2010

Mexican Fiesta

On Saturday night I hosted my very first Mexican Fiesta - in other words had some friends over with an excuse to finally put my new blender to good use.

I cooked a delicious nacho dip and chicken quesadillas. In the process of creating these masterpieces I also created my own version of a raspberry daiquari (made from raspberry cordial, sugar syrup, vodka and ice). I believe the success of the evening was measured by the fact that we were all suitably tipsy and completely full by the time my sister cooked up the apple turnovers with ice cream and cream for dessert.

Mex1

Mex7

Mex2

Mex3

Mex6

Mex5

The night ended with three of us in my bed while Leah snooped around my room and admired the many trinkets that adorn my shelves and walls.

It was my first Mexican Fiesta but I dare say it won't be my last. Maybe next time fancy dress will be recommended.

Up soon - my take on the Oscars & more of a life update.

Glitter Sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment