Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Oscars night

I absolutely love this time of the year. All the glitz and glamour - the dresses, the makeup, the hair styles - it's intoxicating.

This year was no different. It was the 82nd Annual Academy Awards and I was once again glued to my TV (this time watching it live during the day - thanks Channel 9). While the pre-awards show was a mess, once the actual production started with Neil Patrick Harris singing I knew it was going to be an entertaining show.
I usually send around an email to my family and a few of my friends with my most favourite outfits of the evening but this year I decided to post it here.

This year it was all about the sparkles and old Hollywood glamour. From the loose curls to the simple cuts it was all beauty.

Here are my top 6 overall looks from the show:
OSCARS

OSCARS1

I was very happy to see Kathryn Bigelow take out the top honours for both best film and best director (1st woman ever!!!) as I truly believed that The Hurt Locker had a much better, more original story than Avatar. While I appreciate and acknowledge all that Avatar has done (and completely love the film) it was lovely to see the smaller more eye opening film come up and win one! Plus those boys on stage made watching the entire awards show worth it!!!

Photo from Reuters Pictures

It was another very successful Oscars night with Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin playing the kooky comedic hosts. There was joy and tears and Sandra Bullock was charming and funny and adorable all mixed into one.

I love the Oscars!

Glitter love & Sparkles
x x x
Brooke

1 comment:

  1. I love the oscars too!
    Unfortunatley, I was busy that nite and only saw a lttle bit of them :'(

    ReplyDelete