Monday, March 29, 2010

thedwarf.com.au latest shots!

As some of you may be aware I have started photographing bands live for The Dwarf. The Dwarf is an online music resource site specifically focusing on news, photos and interviews.

I have had 2 assignments in the past month (in between my jet setting) and I thought I'd bring your attention to them. Click on the images to be taken to the gallery for that show

dp14
9 March 2010  - Dirty Projectors at the Hi Fi Bar, Melbourne

Gyro22
25 March 2010 - Gyroscope at the Corner Hotel, Melbourne

The Dirty Projectors were my very first show that I have officially shot for anyone and I was nervous and excited because I haven't ever really heard their music before so I didn't know what to expect. They were a lovely sounding band but a little boring to photograph as they didn't really DO much. I guess that's the challenge - I'm happy with how my first attempt turned out.

Switch to Gyroscope and it was a totally different experience. I have seen Gyroscope quite a few times live so I knew they would put on an amazing show - which they did. They're animated, energetic and thrash around on stage. They were an absolute ball to photograph live and I'm exstatic with the quality of the photos I captured!

I also received an email last week with the possibility of some new opportunities that I am excited about - I'm just waiting to hear more.

I think this photography short course I've been looking into is a MUST when I return from the UK (I'd miss the end of it if I started it this coming month). I'm having far too much fun with this

Let me know what you think of these photos - I'm planning on updating here whenever anything new comes up. I hope you guys like reading about these new adventures - new hobbies are fun!

Glitter Sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment