Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Week That Was

It's been one of those weeks that has sent me on a rollercoaster. I've danced along to an eclectic bunch of Gypsy Punks in a crowd filled with all kinds of people, I've watched a man in drag perform a comedy routine and laughed ridiculously for an hour and a half and I've been in desperate need for some rest.

I wish I had some photos to document the craziness of this week but sadly I didn't take either cameras on either adventure.

On Tuesday night I ventured into the city to Billboards to witness Gogol Bordello in all their splendidness. They are a self proclaimed Gypsy Punk band who hail from all over the world. Their music is infectious with every member of the band there to encourage and whip the crowd into a frenzy.

There are some fabulous photos from the Sydney show up at fasterlouder.com.au - I'd direct you to the Melbourne photos if they were anywhere.

*EDIT - There are now photos from the Melbourne show up HERE*

I realised after seeing them and dancing around to my favourite song of theirs "Start Wearing Purple" that my own purple revolution began after being in London and seeing them live at Glastonbury. It's become a staple colour in my wardrobe (and hair) since then and I still can't get enough of it. I think it's just like the song says:

"All your sanity and wits they will all vanish
I promise, it's just a matter of time..."

Purple makes me happy and I think the energy and positivity I felt when dancing in the mud at Glastonbury the first time I saw them contributed to that.

Purple Rain II
*Image from CarlaMia's photostream - click on image for more*

Last night I attended my first show of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival - Rich Fulcher from The Mighty Boosh fame as Elenor the Whore. I was a bit concerned at the start because this character on Boosh really annoyed me. I went along not expecting too much and I left with sore cheeks laughing and thoroughly entertained.

It was theatre comedy - he BECAME Elenor. A very funny night out indeed and hopefully not the only MICF show I go to see this year.

I now have 4 days off (thank you Easter) so I'm planning on going to the movies and relaxing. I have a few blog ideas I want to try and get together so I'll try and post them over the weekend.

Who else has a break this Easter? Any plans?

Glitter Sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke

P.S If you want to read my review of The Vasco Era's new album "Lucille" (which comes highly recommended by ME) click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page! AND here's the video of their single from that album "Oh Sam" - brilliant
 
 
P.P.S Here is the video of that Gogol Bordello Glastonbury performance - I was dancing in the mud with the crowd with huge smile across my face - it was my "Holy shite I'm at Glastonbury" moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment