Monday, August 30, 2010

Music Mondays: Awesome Songs

rra2

It's that time of week again - Music Mondays.

This past week we were asked in our store to bring together 5 - 10 songs to make an awesome playlist that we can play instore. The songs can be anything you liked but the purpose of the songs were that they made you smile or feel good.

Of course my list couldn't stop at 10 so I put together 26 songs that make me smile and are totally awesome. Some of them (by certain artists) I would have chosen differently but they had to have no swearing - it's missing early Kings of Leon (purely because they swear in the songs I love the most).
  • Sam's Town (Abbey Road Version) - The Killers
  • Knights of Cydonia - Muse
  • All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
  • The Pioneers - Bloc Party
  • Vanilla - British India
  • ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
  • London Calling - The Clash
  • Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship
  • Patins - CSS
  • NYC - Interpol
  • The Resolution - Jack's Mannequin
  • It Aint Me Babe - Joaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon (from Walk the Line Soundtrack)
  • Cocaine Blues - Johnny Cash
  • We Are Your Friends - Justice
  • LSF - Kasabian
  • Can't Stand Me Now - The Libertines
  • Anyone Else But You - Moldy Peaches
(It's not the Moldy Peaches version but I still love it to pieces - Ahhhh Juno)
  • Woo! Alright - Yeah... Uh Huh - The Rapture
  • Up All Night - Razorlight
  • My Love Is Stronger Than Your Love - Red Riders
  • Run - Snow Patrol
  • Hard To Explain - The Strokes
  • A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
  • Kill The Director - The Wombats
  • Don't Stop Believing - GLEE VERSION
  • Your Song - Ewan McGregor (from Moulin Rouge Soundtrack)

After I submitted this list I kept on remembering other songs that I would have put on here (I mean there's no ELVIS) . This list is filled with songs that I always go back to to make me smile and that will pull me out of any kind of funky mood that I have managed to get myself into.

It's a tough thing deciding which songs will make you smile everytime you listen to it - try it, I promise you'll stall and then once the list is made you'll make excuses as to why you forgot other songs that you've remembered after writing the list (I know I did - I'm still making excuses).

One of my work mates said to me - "It's ok to have missed songs because when we get sick of this list we can just make another one". I don't think I'd ever get sick of these songs though I wouldn't mind adding to it as we go along.

Glitter Sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke

P.S I'm seriously going to dye my hair now. I got distracted by Camp Rock and Criminal Minds (polar opposites) yesterday and then the night just flew by. Blue hair TONIGHT! I'm such a procrastinator when I don't know how something is going to turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment