Monday, August 09, 2010

Music Mondays: We Are Scientists review

IMG_3292.JPG_effected
** We Are Scientists - photo by ME! **

Ahh We Are Scientists - is there anything better?

I went to this show on behalf of Rave Review (even though I had already bought a ticket - my friend Lauren enjoyed it for free) and my review of the evening is up for all to enjoy.

ASH and WE ARE SCIENTISTS @ Billboards 04/08/10
WORDS BY: Brooke Jagoe

WOW! Check out the full gallery HERE! (Photos by Laurence Barnes)

Co-headlining shows don’t work properly in Melbourne. It’s a fact – especially when the bands are not really similar enough for the co-headline label to be used.

This was the feeling of many people who turned up to Billboards on Wednesday night for the W.A.S.H double header. While this combination would have worked in the UK, it didn’t here. Those who were there early were only there for We Are Scientists and those who turned up later were only there for Ash – there was no middle ground, at least not from the people I spoke to.


I realised after it was posted that there are some grammatical errors in the review (going from present to past tense etc) but I'm blaming the excessive tiredness that had worn me down last week. I'm only just starting to catch up on the sleep I've been missing out on.

Glitter Sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment