Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Talihina Sky - a Kings of Leon doco


Maybe this will remind people what they loved about this band from the beginning. The documentary is being premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival (lucky ducks).

I have The Vasco Era to thank for finding Kings of Leon. They used to do a cover of "Wasted Time" that I loved and it opened my eyes to a whole different style of music that was so new to me at the time - that Southern blues rock sound that still gets me every time.

I jumped on board that train around the time of the second Kings of Leon album and their addition to the Big Day Out Festival in 2006. It's been a constant love (through some ups and downs) and it hasn't wavered even through these newer albums that I know a lot of "older" fans don't love as much. I can still see the gems, still see the genius and still love their music for what it is and what it means.

Kings Of Leon
*** image from zack vitiello - click image for more ***

I've seen them live quite a few times in 3 different continents. I've seen them in smaller venues, I've seen them headlining festivals and I've seen them in arena spectacles. I was supposed to see them in March in Melbourne but I'll have to wait until November for that show. I don't mind - I know it'll be worth the wait.

I didn't even know that they were creating this documentary until today. I think it's going to be an interesting insight to a band who lived like real rock 'n roll stars and who have come out the other side in stadium arenas where they deserve to be.

What do you think? Love them? Hate them? All I know is that I wish I had have seen them in their 70's hair days.

Peace & love
 - Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment