Thursday, December 19, 2013

DIY Glitter Dinosaurs

I sneak peaked a look at a project I was working on for a friend's Christmas present. Since I am seeing her tonight I can FINALLY post about it!


IMG_1383

GLITTER DINOSAUR DECORATIONS

These are so easy to make (notice a theme in my DIY) and have such a WOW factor about them

IMG_1368
IMG_1369


What you'll need

 - a collection of plastic dinosaurs (I got these from KMart)
 - different coloured glitter (fine glitter works better and has a bigger impact)
 - craft glue
 - screw in eye hooks
 - spray on sealant
 - paint brush (use an old one because you're painting with glue)
 - string for hanging

Step 1: Screw the eye hooks into the back of the dinosaurs. I chose a space on their back where they will hang nicely.

IMG_1380

Step 2: Lay down some paper on your surface. You will get glitter everywhere so it's good to protect your table from it. Use your paintbrush to paint 1 dinosaur with craft glue then sprinkle the dinosaur with one colour of glitter. Make sure you cover the whole surface in glitter - allow to dry.

IMG_1373

Step 3: After you have allowed the dinosaurs to dry look over them then add more glitter to parts that you have missed

Step 4: Use the spray on sealant as directed to ensure the glitter sticks FOREVER.

Step 5: String them up and hang them wherever your heart desires

IMG_1392

SIMPLE!!!! I love a simple yet high impact decoration. The best thing about these is that they don't have to be just for Christmas - Dinosaurs are cool year round. I'm so excited to gift them to my friend. She loves dinosaurs so I think this will be a different take on "normal" Christmas decorations.

IMG_1402

I'd love to see if you try any of the DIY's I share, just link in the comments

 - Brooke

2 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG. Okay, so, I think I need to do this this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try this let me know!!! They were so easy but so awesome. I want to put glitter onto everything :)

      Delete