Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sparks of Happyness - week 12

* Photo taken by me at BDO*

It’s here again. To be honest I can’t believe it’s Thursday again. This week has flown by with so much fun and happyness that I think this weeks list is by far the easiest I’ve had to write.

Big Day Out Festivities – Monday was Big Day Out. For those not in the know the Big Day Out is Australia’s biggest music festival. People can argue otherwise but it’s been around the longest and visits the entire country. This year I decided to return (I didn’t go last year because I was very unimpressed with the line-up). I had about 4 bands who I really really wanted to see and I saw them. I sang along to The Getaway Plan, danced to The Grates, shimmied and shook to The Black Kids and bopped and screamed to the Arctic Monkeys. I saw a whole bunch of other bands throughout the day as well. I was really sceptical about Big Day Out this year because there didn’t seem to be enough bands to get the excitement going for me, but with the help of some great people dancing and singing and laughing with me I had a great time.

Razorlight announcing that they are playing V Festival and supporting Kaiser Chiefs in their sideshow – OMFG *dies*! I really don’t think this needs an explanation – see this post and read the section on Razorlight and multiply that excitement by 150% and you’ll be where I am at right now about this revelation. V Festival now has 3 of my top 5 bands playing – How AMAZING!

Creating lists and analysing my life – I’ve spent a bit of time this week creating lists of things I would like to start doing to make my life more fabulous. A little like my previous post but in more detail. Most of the things I wrote about in that post I have somehow managed to forget about because of life and extreme heat waves in Victoria this week but I feel like it’s the universes way of telling me I should sit down and really look at what I want to change and figure out ways of doing that before I make any rash decisions. I’ve been plotting and planning and this weekend I am going to start putting some of those plans into action by acquiring the tools I need to do so. I am the kind of person who gets bored and distracted easily so I know I have to be really serious and think things through and really commit to them for them to work for me and this week I’ve been getting serious! This inspiration for this change came from the same place as most inspiration has - Gala Darling - and this post

Dinner with beautiful friends – I literally just got back home from going out to dinner with some beautiful people. I love our dinners and always walk away from them feeling happy. We have a great time discussing our lives and eating delicious food and I truly love them to pieces. Tonight we ate some yummy refreshing ice-cream and have made a date to go eat Greek food at this little place in Clayton. I cannot wait! I think I’m counting down the days already J

New necklaces
– At Big Day Out I found a necklace that was me all over. I have for a very long time believed that bands who have tambourines are definitely more cooler than bands who do not. A tambourine adds an extra level of festiveness to the bands performance and I feel it is a much neglected instrument. Imagine my delight when I was walking past a stall at Big Day Out and I found a silver chain with a miniature tambourine attached to the end. I looked at it and KNEW that I had to own it. How could I NOT buy a necklace with a mini silver tambourine that made noises when you shook it? Impossible! I have worn it pretty much every day since I bought it and I don’t really see the novelty wearing off any time soon.

Honourable mentions – re-reading Breaking Dawn, new episodes of Greek, drinking sessions while watching Razorlight DVDs, drunk UNO, High School Musical glasses, the movie “The Wrestler” (WOW!), family outings with my parents, shopping by myself, twitter updates from Big Day Out, epic Big Day Out meet up fails, RUSSEL BRAND TOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS (this is sure to be a super love when I buy tickets), anticipating this weekend, sweaty hot Ting Tings sideshows, free parking in St Kilda, loving going to work again, cars with air-conditioning, air-conditioning systems in general (it’s been heatwave central here in Victoria), new episodes of 30 Rock (LEMON OUT!), new Lily Allen songs, Britney Spears tour announcements (WTF Melbourne please), getting excited messages from new-ish friends about tour announcements who are just trying to make your day & excessive tiredness.
Please share, I know you’re out there. How was your week? Let me join in on the glee...

I am going to see Ryan Adams tomorrow night. It is supposed to be 40 + degrees in Melbourne tomorrow so it’s sure to be a sweat fest! Then Saturday night is THE event of the month – RAZORLIGHT! I’m sure I’ll come back here with photos and a post filled with too much happyness that my words will all jumble into one and I’ll have to delete and re-write and re-post but I’m sure you’ll love it :)

Extreme love & sparkles
x x x
Brooke

Song of the moment = Razorlight – Hostage of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment